- RSS Channel Showcase 2554751
- RSS Channel Showcase 9933785
- RSS Channel Showcase 3443085
- RSS Channel Showcase 3966079
Articles on this Page
- 10/22/16--10:23: _BAFTA Children’s Aw...
- 11/14/16--19:19: _Hybride Speaks in A...
- 11/22/16--20:40: _‘Your Name’ LA Osca...
- 12/19/16--21:53: _Walt Disney Studios...
- 01/02/17--21:02: _‘Star Wars’ Star Ca...
- 01/03/17--20:14: _‘Kubo,’‘Moana’&‘Zoo...
- 02/27/17--20:23: _FMX 2017 Conference...
- 04/05/17--19:36: _Liz Laine Reps. Sig...
- 04/13/17--19:33: _FMX Adds ‘Valerian,...
- 07/11/17--08:58: _Lucasfilm & ILM Lau...
- 01/28/18--16:10: _Sony Moves Lin-Manu...
- 02/16/18--12:32: _Mattel and Bad Robo...
- 04/20/18--11:54: _‘Peter Rabbit’ Is S...
- 04/26/18--11:56: _Disney Channels Ord...
- 10/22/16--10:23: BAFTA Children’s Awards Nominees Announced
- 11/14/16--19:19: Hybride Speaks in Alien Effects for ‘Arrival’
- 11/22/16--20:40: ‘Your Name’ LA Oscar Run Set for Dec. 2-8
- 12/19/16--21:53: Walt Disney Studios Set to Hit Record $7B Box Office
- 01/02/17--21:02: ‘Star Wars’ Star Carrie Fisher Dies at 60
- 01/03/17--20:14: ‘Kubo,’‘Moana’&‘Zootopia’ Nominated for ACE Eddie Award
- 02/27/17--20:23: FMX 2017 Conference Spotlights Oscar Honorees
- 04/05/17--19:36: Liz Laine Reps. Signs Tippett Studio to Roster
- 07/11/17--08:58: Lucasfilm & ILM Launch Open Source MaterialX Library
- 01/28/18--16:10: Sony Moves Lin-Manuel Miranda Project ‘Vivo’ Up
- 02/16/18--12:32: Mattel and Bad Robot Launch Monster Plans for ‘Beastlies’
- 04/20/18--11:54: ‘Peter Rabbit’ Is Sony’s Biggest Non-Bond U.K. Hit
- 04/26/18--11:56: Disney Channels Orders Anime-Inspired ‘Star Wars Resistance’
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts has announced this year’s British Academy Children’s Awards nominees. Live-action educational parody Horrible Histories snagged three nominations, with animated series The Amazing World of Gumball and Clangers right behind with two each. The feature competition this year is 50% animation (or more, depending on your definition) and […]
Quebec-based Hybride, a division of Ubisoft, took to alien dialects to translate the vision of local filmmaker Denis Villeneuve through visual effects in his new sci-fi drama, Arrival, out now through Paramount. As the main VFX vendor, the Hybride team led by VFX Supervisor Louis Morin crafted 245 shots for the film, making up 25 […]
Funimation Films will present the Oscar-qualifying theatrical run for Makoto Shinkai’s animated feature Your Name at the Laemmle Music Hall in Los Angeles, December 2-8. Advance tickets are now on sale online or at the theater box office. The official North American wide release is being planned for early 2017. Currently under consideration for the […]
As of Monday, The Walt Disney Studios is securely on track to become the first studio ever to reach $7 billion at the global box office, setting a new industry record. With the force-ful $290 million worldwide debut of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the studios’ year-to-date gross adds up to $6,988.3 million for […]
The post Walt Disney Studios Set to Hit Record $7B Box Office appeared first on Animation Magazine.
Actor, author and screenwriter Carrie Fisher — known worldwide as the iconic Princess Leia (and now, General Organa) of Star Wars — died in Los Angeles on December 27 after being struck by a heart attack on a flight from London, where she had been on the UK leg of her book tour for The […]
American Cinema Editors (ACE) has announced the nominees for the 67th annual ACE Eddie Awards, recognizing the best editing of the year in film, television and documentaries. This year’s animation contenders are Kubo and the Two Strings (LAIKA), Moana and Zootopia (Disney). Winners will be announced at a black-tie awards ceremony January 27 at the […]
The post ‘Kubo,’ ‘Moana’ & ‘Zootopia’ Nominated for ACE Eddie Award appeared first on Animation Magazine.
The international conference on animation, VFX, VR, games and transmedia known as FMX is gearing up for its 2017 edition, set for May 2-5 in Stuttgart. This year’s program, headlined “Beyond the Screen,” has a glamorous sparkle to it thanks to the participation of one freshly-minted Academy Award winner and five other nominees. FMX 2017 […]
Liz Lain Reps, Inc. announces that acclaimed animation and VFX house Tippett Studio (www.tippett.com) has signed on to their roster of varied and talented production companies. “We are thrilled to welcome Liz (Laine Shaw) on board, helping to expand our commercials and other short form content. She is a known go-to in the industry for […]
The audiovisual confab FMX is rapidly approaching, with the organizers announcing even more cutting edge additions to its informative tracks on animation, effects, VR, games and more. Recently confirmed sessions will explore the artistry and technology of VFX showpieces Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and […]
The post FMX Adds ‘Valerian,’ ‘Rogue One’ to VFX Track; Plus ‘LEGO Batman,’ ‘Moana,’ ‘Smurfs’ appeared first on Animation Magazine.
Lucasfilm and Industrial Light & Magic announced the inaugural open source release of MaterialX Library, a CG tool developed by Lucasfilm’s Advanced Development Group and ILM engineers to facilitate the transfer of rich materials and look development content between applications and renderers. Tatooine. The MaterialX team will host a “Birds of a Feather” meeting at […]
The post Lucasfilm & ILM Launch Open Source MaterialX Library appeared first on Animation Magazine.
If you’re one of the many who couldn’t get the tunes from Moana out of your head, you’ll be pleased to hear that the animation world’s next dose of Lin-Manuel Miranda magic is coming sooner than first thought. Sony Pictures Animation has pushed up the release date for Vivo to a pre-Thanksgiving slot of November […]
L.A.-based sculptor Leslie Levings’ charming monsters The Beastlies are coming to animated or hybrid life, thanks to a new plan launched by Mattel and Bad Robot. According to Deadline, Bad Robot’s J.J. Abrams pitched the characters to Mattel president/COO Richard Dickson two years ago when they met on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Although producers are […]
The post Mattel and Bad Robot Launch Monster Plans for ‘Beastlies’ appeared first on Animation Magazine.
Sony’s Peter Rabbit is hopping way ahead of all its competition in the U.K. The charming CG/live-action hybrid hit the big £38,475,923 (about $54 million) mark on Friday, taking it past Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which has made around £38,465,082 ($53.98 million) This makes the film Sony’s highest-grossing non-Bond title in the country. Skyfall is […]
The post ‘Peter Rabbit’ Is Sony’s Biggest Non-Bond U.K. Hit appeared first on Animation Magazine.
Production has begun on another exciting animated extension of the Lucasfilm universe, Star Wars Resistance. Exploring the uncharted timeframe prior to The Force Awakens, the new anime-inspired series follows Kazudo Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. The […]
The post Disney Channels Orders Anime-Inspired ‘Star Wars Resistance’ appeared first on Animation Magazine.